Peace-of-Mind Protection

    Edge Mutual Insurance Company only issues policies to Ontario residents.


    • Liability
    • Direct Compensation - Property Damage
    • Uninsured Automobile
    • Accident Benefits


    Talk to your broker about additional coverage and increased limits available for added protection.

    • All Perils - the broadest coverage for all types of losses except those specifically excluded
    • Collision or Upset - pays for damage caused by collision with another object or upset
    • Comprehensive - damage caused to your vehicle, except for collision or upset
    • Specified Perils - only pays for losses caused by perils specifically listed in the policy


    You can drive a snowmobile if you have a valid Ontario driver’s licence (any class). If you do not have a driver’s licence and you are 12 years of age or older, a valid motorized snow-vehicle operator’s licence (MSVOL) will allow you to drive on trails established and maintained by a recreational organization for the use of snowmobiles. However, you must be 16 years of age or older and have a driver’s licence or a motorized snow-vehicle operator’s licence (not both) to drive a snowmobile along or across a public road where snowmobiles are allowed.

    An MSVOL is issued by the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs in co-operation with the Ministry of Transportation. You must successfully pass a snowmobile driver-training course to get a licence.

    If you are a visitor to Ontario and wish to drive a snowmobile while you are here, you must have a valid licence that allows you to drive a snowmobile in your home province, state or country.

    You must carry your driver’s licence or snow-vehicle operator’s licence when you are driving your snowmobile anywhere other than on your own property. You must show it when asked by a police or conservation officer.

    If your driver’s licence or snow-vehicle operator’s licence has been suspended, you may not drive any type of vehicle on or off any roads or in any public place.

    For more information, view the Driver's Handbook on the Ontario Ministry of Transportation website.