(Work-At-Home Options Considered)
Like a sturdy oak tree, Edge Mutual has rural roots that run deep with over 130 years in the business of protecting policyholders. Our rich history and community values provide the underpinning of a workplace that cares about people and their families. That value system is further extended to the relationships we nurture with our brokers and industry partners.
Edge Mutual has established itself as a progressive and innovative company that attracts talented professionals from across the region. Our mission is to provide innovative products that reflect the needs of today and tomorrow.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Farm Underwriter.
- Assess and evaluate risks within the farm portfolio
- Negotiation of renewal terms
- Processing new policies, renewals, and endorsements per our underwriting guidelines
- Proactively manage business development opportunities
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with our broker partners
- Provide product training and support to brokers
- Occasional field underwriting may be required (requiring a valid driver’s license)
- Strong decision making skills and ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks
- Well organized and thorough approach to completing tasks
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Post-Secondary education
- 2-3 years underwriting experience
- CIP designation or actively pursuing
- Farm background and/or graduate diploma from an agricultural college would be an asset
- A stable environment with core values that include professionalism, respect, integrity, dependability and excellence
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation
- A generous defined benefit pension plan
- Incentive compensation benefits where excellence is financially rewarded
- A work-at-home program for qualifying individuals
If you have the qualifications we are seeking, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to:
--- Submission Deadline: January 18, 2019 ---
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We do not wish to receive phone calls from applicants or agencies.