With over 130 years of experience, Edge Mutual strives to be the leading provider of innovative insurance products, delivered with quality service to Rural Ontario. We serve and protect our mutual policyholders through insurance products that reflect the needs of today and tomorrow.
People come first at Edge Mutual. As a result, our focus is on building relationships with our customers. We have a team of solution-oriented problem solvers providing insurance expertise on home, farm, commercial and auto products. We are currently recruiting for a minimum one-year contract position of Risk Inspector.
- Conduct on-site inspections of residential, agricultural, and commercial risks
- Use tools and software (provided) to assemble site information and identify risks or concerns that could lead to loss
- Address risk management and loss control questions raised by Underwriters
- Stay apprised of emerging risk management strategies and participate in ongoing company discussions regarding loss control
- Knowledge of building codes, the Ontario Electrical Code, and the Ontario Fire Code
- Experience and/or certification using thermographic cameras (considered an asset)
- Well organized and thorough approach to completing tasks
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Post-Secondary education
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- WETT certification for solid fuel burning units (considered an asset)
- Experience with RCT (Risk Control Technologies) software (considered an asset)
- The ability to schedule appointments and work independently
- Valid drivers’ license required
- A stable environment with core values that include professionalism, respect, integrity, dependability and excellence
- Incentive compensation benefits where excellence is financially rewarded
If you have the qualifications we are seeking, please submit your resume and cover letter to: www.edgemutual.com/apply
--- Submission Deadline: November 6, 2020 ---
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We do not wish to receive phone calls from applicants or agencies.