With over 130 years of experience, Edge Mutual strives to be the leading provider of innovative insurance products, delivered with quality service to Rural Ontario. We serve and protect our mutual policyholders through insurance products that reflect the needs of today and tomorrow.
People come first at Edge Mutual. As a result, our focus is on building relationships with our customers. We have a team of solution-oriented problem solvers providing insurance expertise on home, farm, commercial and auto products. We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst.
We are looking for a passionate certified Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. The successful candidate will work closely with management to develop their management information needs.
The individual will assist with business decision making using business intelligence, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and implement databases and data collection systems
- Ownership of implemented reports and reporting tools
- Support with reporting and dashboard creation to automate and track metrics and results
- Translate management data requirements into technical specifications and follow through to develop the data, conduct analysis, and storyline of findings.
- Apply proven analytical approaches to identify errors or limitations in data and implement processes to improve data quality and statistical efficiency working closely with team members and solution vendors
- Apply your curiosity to uncover new business insights, solutions that will generate great value for the organization.
- Develop key performance indicators
- Conduct workflow analysis, defining requirements, recommending and implementing solutions
- Monitor performance and quality control plans to identify areas of improvements, trends or patterns.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and key performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Bachelors or college degree with a focus in statistics, computer science, technology, math or a related field
- 2-5 year as a business data analyst with technical expertise regarding data modeling, database design development, data mining, segmentation techniques, SQL and relationship building experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel functions
- Skilled at documenting business and technical requirements
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Acute attention to detail - the ability to analyze and comprehend both business and technical requirements
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- P&C Insurance Experience (asset)
- Successfully manage competing priorities
- A stable environment with core values that include professionalism, respect, integrity, dependability and excellence
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation
- A generous defined benefit pension plan
- Incentive compensation benefits where excellence is financially rewarded
If you have the qualifications we are seeking, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
--- Submission Deadline: July 31, 2019 ---
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We do not wish to receive phone calls from applicants or agencies.